Pontiac Sunfire, 1995-Mid 1998
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Pontiac specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic or Glass
- Original Colors: Black, Bright GM White
- What You Need for Installation: Top, plus new hold down cables, webbing pads, tack strips, staples/glue kit, installation manual. Optional: Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler with Staples
- Package Specials: For one low price, our Sunfire convertible top installation packages include new hold down cables, webbing pads, tack strips, staples, professional grade contact cement, and a detailed installation manual. We also offer the option of including an Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your Sunfire convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Sunfire top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Note: The tops on this page fit Sunfire convertibles from 1995 through the first half of 1998. In mid-1998, the Sunfire convertible top configuration changed. To find out if you have an early-1998 Pontiac Sunfire top, click on the link below.
Preview our Convertible Top Installation Guide
Fabrics: The original Pontiac Sunfire convertible top fabric was Haartz Pinpoint vinyl in most original dealer tops. Pinpoint is a classic fabric that was used on most American convertible tops from the fifties through the nineties. Contact us if you want a custom top in any other fabric.
These convertible tops are classic two part tops. That means that the rear window section and the main top are two separate sections. They are integrated by the stapling that is done in the installation process. You can read the summary of our two part top installation manual via the blue link below.
This summary will allow you to decide whether to perform your own installation. We have a 20 page illustrated, step by step installation manual for these tops. This should allow the patient, handy, person to install his/her own top. The installation involves stapling and use of contact cement. There is no sewing.
Our package special is designed for the do-it-yourself complete top restoration. If you wish to order some, but not all, of the items in the package, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a revised package quotation.
Hold Down Cables:
These fasten the top along the sides to the top frame. Cables thread through special pockets built into the inner edges of the main top.
Pads, under the top, can last through two or more tops. They can be examined upon removal of the old top and retained if undamaged.
The rear well liner is shaped to fit your car's well area. A pre-made well liner saves much measuring and cutting time. However an undamaged rear well liner may be left in place. Rear well liners, may last through several tops.
Tacking strips embedded into the front bow and the rear top bow, as well as smaller strips in the corners of the intermediate bows, receive the staples or tacks. Tack strips should last through two or even three tops.
There is a rear base line tacking bow set too. This assembly should last through several tops. Please inquire if you need help replacing your rear base tack bow set.
Parts in this category (Pontiac Sunfire) fit cars for years: 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2017 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879
Like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mtmfg.ctg.cug