Ford Mustang with pre-integrated rear window, 1994-04 Easy Install
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Ford specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Modified Configuration: from original two piece design (as Ford did itself, beginning with its 2005 Mustang convertibles.) The tops on this page are one-piece tops with integrated plastic windows for easy installation and budget-minded consumers.
- Original Factory Material: Chrysler sailcloth Vinyl.
- Original Colors: Black, Bright White and Medium Parchment
- Alternate Materials: Haartz Stayfast canvas
- Package Specials: Cost savings for all of your installation needs with package specials, this can include the detailed manual, new cables, pads/webbing, tack strips and glue kit.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
We have also eliminated the stapling required along the bottom edge of the original top: We have built in a welting with slots that simply apply over the bolt studs in the car
along the bottom edge. The base of the top is held firmly in place by the bolts eliminating the need for stapling there.
Our one-piece top has been enthusiastically embraced by professional shops who have installed many of them and remark on its logical design and perfect fit.
Here are the one piece top features:
1. Lower cost.
2. Plastic rear window section integral with rest of top.
3. Greater area of rear window for increased visibility.
4. Rear welting of top designed for easy bolt in fitting eliminating the most difficult portion of the two part top installation: which is the stapling to the two top sections along the rear base tacking forms.
Instructions are provided for the installer. Installation time is greatly reduced.
There is stapling required, as with the original tops, at the header bow
and at the bow over the rear window.
We offer this top in a complete restoration package as described.
The pads are often re-usable from the old top as are the 1994-1999 rear flap cables. Those parts are listed with the accessories in case they are required.
Headliners and the well liner are also listed with the accessories..
Hydraulics: We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration. . We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Ford Mustang with pre-integrated rear window) fit cars for years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.