AC Cobra, 1964-68
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
AC Cobra Key Features:
- Quality: Made to Ford specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: One piece top, plastic window sewn in or heat sealed
- Original Factory Material: British Everflex Vinyl
- Original Window: Heat sealed plastic window.
- Alternate Materials: British Bison (Colonial Grain): This fabric is the American-made version of the original British Everflex Vinyl; it looks identical, but it's more affordable. Haartz Stayfast Canvas: Want to upgrade your vinyl top? We offer luxurious tops in Haartz Stayfast Canvas on this page.
- Custom Made: Tops on this page are custom-made and are non-returnable, except for valid warranty claims.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty for all AC Cobra tops on this page
These tops are special order and NON-RETURNABLE.
About Robbins Auto Top Company: Since 1943, Robbins Auto Top Company has been committed to providing only the highest quality products and service to their customers. Their goal is simple: Customer Satisfaction. Through innovation, continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, and a highly skilled work force, they offer the highest quality products and level of service possible. Distinctive styling, fine custom workmanship and attention to detail are all benchmarks of Robbins Auto Top Company. When you want the best...Go Robbins.
British Bison (also called Colonial Grain) is the American made crush grain vinyl that imitates the much more expensive British Everflex vinyl original to many British convertibles. These are often referred to as 'crush grain' or 'leather grain' vinyls. They are structurally equivalent (wear rating) to the pinpoint, cabrio, and sailcloth vinyls.
British Everflex Vinyl: We are now pleased to offer British Everflex Vinyl, this is the original material used on British convertibles including Jaguar, Rolls Royce and many others. Imported from England, British Everflex vinyl is a supple vinyl with a rich appearance and is more durable than other vinyls. A good, less expensive alternative is Colonial grain vinyl, it has the same kind of texture but is less durable.
Haartz Stayfast Canvas has a canvas outer layer and a preshrunk cotton inner layer. The two are bonded with and separated by a butyl rubber core. It is this core that makes the fabric last a very long time, with both better static and dynamic wear ratings than vinyl toppings. Haartz Stayfast is the American substitute for the German canvases used in Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, some models of Mustang and Lebaron and others. Canvas is widely regarded as "richer looking" than vinyl. It is a little harder to clean. The inside of the top is pre-shrunk cotton. The inner lining is usually black.
Parts in this category (AC Cobra) fit cars for years: 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967 and 1968.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.