Buick Special, Skylark & Gran Sport, 1962-63
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Buick specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black and GM White
- Alternate Materials: Haartz stayfast canvas
- Package Specials: Get a top and installation essentials -- like our Convertible Top Installation Guide, new cables, tack strips, convertible top pads, and a staples and glue kit. We also offer the option of including an Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Buick Skylark convertible top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Our convertible tops for these cars are made from original dealer patterns. They are not "copies of copies." We offer the replacement tops in original pinpoint vinyl and also Stayfast canvas fabrics.
The original pinpoint vinyl is a classic topping. Its texture consists of tiny spheres or "pinpoints." Stayfast canvas has an elegant canvas outer layer and a butyl rubber central core. You can read more about the fabrics via the "Help" link at the top of this page.
This is a classic two part top. You can read a thorough summary of the construction and installation of two parts top via the blue link at the bottom of this page. Installation requires stapling or tacking and the use of contact cement. There is no sewing required.
An illustrated, step by step installation manual
for these 64-65 GM convertible tops is included with our top packages.
This is an 8 1/2 x 11, well illustrated guide
to these particular tops.
If you order a package special, it will be included.
Hold Down Cables:
A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the steel folding frame. New cables are recommended with each new top.
Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops. Pads should be replaced if of suspect condition.
Tacking strips are embedded in the front and rear top frame bows. They receive the staples that hold the top to these bows. Tack strips should last for about two tops.
Boots are available in GM Madrid leather grained vinyl. Boots are listed under "Accessories." Please view the boot swatches via the link shown at each listed boot, and jot down your color choice. Order as many of your original boot clips as needed.
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both hydraulic cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both hydraulic cylinders will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Buick Special, Skylark & Gran Sport) fit cars for years: 1962 and 1963.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2015 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879