Chevrolet Corvair & Monza, 1962-64
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Chevrolet specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window
- Alternate Materials: Haartz Stayfast Canvas
- Package Specials: Get a new Corvair/Monza top and everything you need to install it for one low price! Our Best Buy packages include a new convertible top and installation essentials like new cables, tack strips, staples and glue kit, plus our own step-by-step installation manual for one low price. We also offer the Arrow ETFX 50 Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your Corvair or Monza convertible top installation.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year warranty
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Fabrics: Pinpoint vinyl is the classic, original, topping. Haartz Stayfast canvas is made with a thick butyl rubber central bonding layer. This process makes Stayfast canvas the longest wearing.
Installation: This is a classic two part top. You can read a thorough summary of the construction and installation of this top via the link at the bottom of this page.
The manual for installing classic two part tops is available. You can read a summary of it via the blue link at the bottom of this page. You may be encouraged to perform your own installation after reading it: there is no sewing. The top installs with staples and contact cement.
Hold Down Cables: A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the frame. New cables are recommended with each new top. (You can read about cables in the installation summary link.)
Tacking strips: Much of the installation involves tacking or stapling (there is no sewing involved.) Tacking into the bow over the windshield (header bow) and into the bow over the rear window (rear top bow) is done into special strips embedded in these frame bows. We offer new tack strips for the front and rear top bows. They should not be required until after at least two tops have been stapled to them.
Rebuilding the rear base line tacking strips requires grafting sections of suitable dimension and we would cut and ship per your needs for that purpose. Please inquire at our support email address for more information on the rear base tack bows.
Top pads: Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops but should be replaced if of suspect condition.
Top Boots: You have the option of using a top storage boot. Our boot fits, as original, either with velcro or directly.
Installation manual: The manual for classic two part tops is summarized at the link below. We have the illustrated step-by-step installation manual including specific Corvair information as well. This is the manual that is included with our restoration package special.
Parts in this category (Chevrolet Corvair & Monza) fit cars for years: 1962, 1963 and 1964.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.