Chevrolet Corvair, Corsa & Monza, 1965-69
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Chevrolet specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window
- Alternate Materials: Haartz Stayfast Canvas
- Package Specials: Get a top and installation essentials -- like our Corvair, Corsa, and Monza Convertible Top Installation Manual, new cables, tack strips, professional grade contact cement and more -- for low price. We also offer the option of including an Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips eliminating the need for an air gun during your convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Corvair top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Preview our Convertible Top Installation Guide
Fabrics: Pinpoint vinyl is the classic, original, topping. Haartz Stayfast canvas is made with a thick butyl rubber central bonding layer. This process makes Stayfast canvas the longest wearing.
Hold Down Cables: A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the frame. New cables are recommended with each new top. (You can read about cables in the installation summary link.)
Tacking strips:We offer new tack strips for the front and rear top bows. They should not be required until after at least two tops have been stapled to them.
Top pads: Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops but should be replaced if of suspect condition.
Top Boots: You have the option of using a top storage boot. Our boot fits, as original, either with velcro or directly.
Installation:If you feel confident using an air driven staple gun then you are a good candidate for do-it-yourself installation. Please read the summary of how these tops install at the blue link below to make a self-installation decision. The step by step Corvair installation manual is included in our package specials and is available free if you order a top from us.
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both hydraulic cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both hydraulic cylinders will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Chevrolet Corvair, Corsa & Monza) fit cars for years: 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968 and 1969.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2015 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879
Like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mtmfg.ctg.cug