MG Midget MK IV, 1970-80
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to MG specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: One-piece top, plastic window sewn in or heat sealed
- Original Factory Material: British Everflex Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black
- About This Top:Made with 3 windows as original. Fits folding top frame. Top has 6 Tenax fasteners, car should have 6 Tenax studs on the body (count only Tenax studs). If your car has 8 Tenax studs, go to 1967-1969 models. Top fits both left- and right-hand drive models.
- Alternate Materials: British Bison (Colonial Grain) Vinyl, which is identical to the original British Everflex Vinyl but half the price. Haartz Stayfast Canvas is also available for a richer looking, durable top.
- Package Specials: Each MG convertible top comes with a convertible top pry tool, great for loosening and tightening seals, and a 4-oz can of professional-grade contact cement. Plus, you get our own step-by-step, illustrated MG convertible top installation manual to guide you through the process. There is no sewing involved in installing the MG top. Our customers are hugely successful in installing their own MG tops.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
In addition to ongoing expansion of its own primary product line, E-Z ON has fueled growth through acquiring the resources of other respected firms. One recent example is bringing aboard and expanding our import car line to include Alfa Romeo, Austin Healy, Fiat, Jensen Healy, MG Series, and Triumph Series tops, all developed by Amco, a 50-plus year manufacturer of convertible tops.
Now armed with precision patterns and state-of-the-art equipment, E-Z ON Auto Tops, Inc. enters the new millennium as the best source for virtually every application, domestic and import car.
About Robbins Auto Top Company: Since 1943, Robbins Auto Top Company has been committed to providing only the highest quality products and service to their customers. Their goal is simple: Customer Satisfaction. Through innovation, continuous improvement of manufacturing processes, and a highly skilled work force, they offer the highest quality products and level of service possible. Distinctive styling, fine custom workmanship and attention to detail are all benchmarks of Robbins Auto Top Company. When you want the best...Go Robbins.
The MG Midget Mark III and the Austin Healey Sprite Mark IV take identical tops. (The Healey Sprites went out of production after 1971.) Our tops are made, as originally, with a main plastic rear window and the pair of side/rear windows.
We recommend the top with the sealed in rear (center) window as it is longer wearing and easier to utilize. For those who wish to have the top up and the rear window able to lower, we do offer the top with the zippered center window. The zipper window top is not original. It is an aftermarket modified top.
The American made Colonial Vinyl mimics the original British leather grained vinyl that was used in these tops. Most original tops were black but these tops can also be ordered in white as well. For a greater assortment of colors please check our Haartz Pinpoint vinyl tops.
Haartz Stayfast canvas is the longest wearing fabric owing to its butyl rubber central core (between the inner and outer layers.)
Certain 1970 tops are fastened with rivets at the front. These are the earliest 1970 models and you should shop at the "1967-70 tops" for those.
We have found that most of our customers are installing their own tops. You may check off the install manual if you are ordering a top and will be doing the installation. The manual is listed under "accessories."
This top has velcro on the rear quarter sections and fastens to the body below the rear center window with 6 tenax fasteners.
We offer a boot for your top, and also a separate boot storage bag. Please select either a black boot or else a boot in another color. Boots are listed with "accessories."
Parts in this category (MG Midget MK IV) fit cars for years: 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979 and 1980.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2017 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879
Like us on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/mtmfg.ctg.cug