Buick Electra 225, 1965-70
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Buick specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black and GM White
- Alternate Materials: Haartz stayfast canvas
- Package Specials: Get a top and everything you need to install it. Our Best Buy packages include a new top, hold down cables, tack strips, convertible top pads, and a staples and glue kit with professional grade contact cement. We also include our Convertible Top Installation Guide and Electra Convertible Top Installation Supplement. Each will walk you through your own Electra convertible top installation and help save you hundreds of dollars on labor costs. We also offer the option of purchasing Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your Electra convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Electra top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
There is detailed information on fabrics in the "help" link near the top of this page.
Original Factory Window: The original window did NOT have exposed trim (view picture above) at the base of the window. We are glad to offer it with trim at the base if you prefer. Put your preference in the checkout message box.
Installation: This is a classic two part top. You can read a thorough summary of the construction and installation of this top via the link at the bottom of this page.
The manual for installing these 1965-70 GM tops is available. It is included with our restoration package specials. We can, on the basis of customer feedback, encourage do-it-yourself installation by those comfortable with using an air driven staple gun and with aligning fabric sections and gluing with contact cement. There is no sewing involved in the installation of this top.
Our package specials include the accessories needed for full restoration including the stainless steel staples.
Hold Down Cables: A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the frame. New cables are recommended with each new top. (You can read about cables in the installation summary link.)
Tacking strips: Much of the installation involves tacking or stapling (there is no sewing involved.) Tacking into the bow over the windshield (header bow) and into the bow over the rear window (rear top bow) is done into special strips embedded in these frame bows. We offer new tack strips for the front and rear top bows.
Top pads: Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops but should be replaced if of suspect condition.
Top Boots: You have the option of using a top storage boot. Our boot fits, as original, either with velcro or directly.
Installation manual: The manual for classic two part tops is summarized at the link below. We have the illustrated step-by-step installation manual for these 1965-70 GM convertibles. It is available free with an order of a top and is included with the top packages.
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both hydraulic cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both hydraulic cylinders will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Buick Electra 225) fit cars for years: 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969 and 1970.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2015 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879