Chevrolet Cavalier, Mid 1998-2001
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Chevrolet specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top and window section
- Original Factory Material: Chrysler Sailcloth Vinyl
- Original Window: Glass window with defroster
- Original Colors: Black, GM Bright White, Medium Parchment
- Installation Equipment: Top plus new cables, pads, staples/glue kit, tack strips, and install manual. Optional: Arrow ETFX 50 Electric Stapler with Staples
- Package Specials: Get a top and installation essentials--like our detailed install manual, new cables, tack strips, and more--for one low price. We also offer the option of including the Arrow ETFX50 electric stapler, which is is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your Cavalier convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own convertible top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
Preview our Convertible Top Installation Guide
These tops were originally made of Chrysler Sailcloth vinyl. This is a modern topping whose vinyl finish emulates canvas. We offer original fabric tops. They are made using computer directed cutting of sections based on original dealer tops. These are not "copies of copies."
The tops on this page begin with the middle of year cars in 1998. In these tops the front to back seams along the sides were eliminated. If your car is a 1998 and you do have the lengthwise seams then you have an early 1998. Please select the 1995-mid 1998 tops from the menu on the home page, in that case.
The top has a classic two part design: the main top and the rear window sections are integrated during the installation. The process is described at the link below.
If you are comfortable renting and using an air driven staple gun then you are a candidate for do-it-yourself installation. Our package specials contain the illustrated installation manual. The installation involves stapling and gluing. There is no sewing. We also offer the option of including an Arrow ETFX stapler in our do-it-yourself installation packages. The stapler isÂ ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Cavalier top.
Both Parts of Top Available Separately:
We offer the main top and the rear window section separately. These are for owners who want to keep one original section and replace the other.
If you want to order a complete top without any accessories, please order a complete convertible top.Â
Hold Down Cables:
One cable on each side holds the top to the frame. A cable is threaded through the pocket (one on each side) built into the top. Cables are hidden after installation. New cables are recommended with each top.
Tacking strips embedded in the frame bows receive the staples. Tack strips should last through two tops.
The top is "padded out" with special reinforced 9" webbing. Pads can last through two tops but should be inspected and replaced if deteriorating.
Dealer 'technical bulletins' (numbered 63-10-49 and 63-15-15) describe problems with the top frames
and rear seat back rests that can result in premature deterioration of the headliner and the top.
It is recommended that these top frames be raised and lowered quite slowly.
Parts in this category (Chevrolet Cavalier) fit cars for years: 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.