Suzuki Vitara, 1999-04
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Suzuki specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Factory Material: Crush grain vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic windows.
- Original Colors: Black and White
- Alternate Materials: Four-ply Crush Grain Vinyl, Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl, Sailcloth Vinyl
- Package Specials: Combine the purchase of a top with cleaning and soft-top care supplies and save!
- About Our Suzuki Tops: All tops are made wtih high-quality OEM-grade materials, manufactured in the U.S. Window materials are DOT approved. All weather strip, plastic and metal attachment components and zippers are high grade.
- Shop with confidence: 6 year manufacturer warranty
Important InformationOriginal Factory Color(s): Black and White
Crush Grain Vinyl: The original Suzuki Vitara soft top was made of crush grain vinyl, and this continues to be one of our most popular Vitara tops. Crush grain vinyl is a 36-ounce vinyl made up of several layers of rubber and vinyl. The last layer is treated for resistance to abrasion, weather, and UV. Crush Grain Vinyl is imprinted with a "grain" pattern. This Vitara replacement top is available in black or white, with a choice of window colors.
Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is a two-ply, 36-ounce composite with a PVC outer layer and a cotton inner lining. Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is a popular Vitara convertible top fabric. Pinpoint refers to the little dots on the vinyl surface. If you take care of a Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl Vitara convertible top, it can easily last 10 years.
Chrysler Sailcloth: This 36-ounce vinyl is featured on many late LeBarons, Sebrings, certain Mustangs and other cars. It is structurally (wear quality) equivalent to the Haartz Pinpoint but has a different surface grain. The grain was designed to imitate the look of canvas. It is an exceptionally rich looking material. It is sometimes chosen for replacing convertible tops that originally featured pinpoint vinyl. While crush grain, pinpoint, and sailcloth vinyls offer the same durability, the pinpoint and the sailcloth offer more colors.
Four-ply Crush Grain Vinyl:Suzuki Vitara soft tops made of four-ply crush grain vinyl have the same appearance as tops made of two-ply crush grain vinyl--only four-ply is more durable thanks to a double layer of butyl rubber. This vinyl is also known as "double-coated PVC," and is recommended mostly for off-road users.
Windows need care, too, and plastic windows need special treatment. Enter Raggtopp Convertible Top Plastic Window Cleaner and Protectant Kit. Use them together and you can simultaneously get rid of grime and water spots and shield your windows from any future damage that Mother Nature has in mind.
Our money-saving packages combine these cleaners and a gentle horsehair brush with a convertible top purchase.
Almost all manufacturers use Haartz fabrics. They may specify "heaviest weight" or "original replacement" in ways that seem reassuring. But they do not really tell the whole story. Please bear in mind that two things dominate, by far, the quality issue: (a) the manufacturing quality control in the factory that makes the top and (b) the care and thoroughness of the installation. There is a trade-off in weight: heavier is better for resisting tear through, but lighter is better for flexibility and abrasion from within that may arise from movement. Almost all our tops are a flexible medium density (36 oz.) fabric. Heavier is not better in most cases. Where it is, because of the top design, we will say so and the top will be made of the heavier vinyl.
- Sonnenland® is a German-made 3-ply topping made up of an acrylic twill-weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a polyester "dobby backing." The dobby backing is a knit-like weave original to many high-end foreign cars. Customers who value originality over cost often pay top dollar for Sonnenland, just to have that authentic "dobby backing," seen only when you look up at the roof of your convertible top from inside your car. Sonnenland canvas is a top-of-the-line material original to various Audi, BMW, and Jaguar convertibles, among others. Sonnenland Canvas can vary in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance, but all Sonnenland Canvas promises elegance and long-lasting durability.
- Twillfast®, also called Sonnendeck Canvas, is an American-made canvas - a cost-effective substitute for Sonnenland. Twillfast is usually a 3-ply topping (though some versions are 5-ply) with Polyester and/or Polyester/cotton backings. This material, original to certain Camaro, BMW, Mustang, and VW Beetle convertibles, among others, varies in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance. Twillfast Canvas is identical to Sonnenland Canvas - elegant and durable - only it's less expensive. This is a top-notch convertible top material, one we often recommend to savvy customers who like a good buy and a quality product.
- Stayfast Canvas is an elegant, durable canvas original to cars like the Mazda Miata and the Nissan 370Z. Stayfast is commonly used in replacement convertible tops. Stayfast canvas has an acrylic square weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a cotton backing. As with other canvases, the rubber core gives the fabric long-lasting durability. Stayfast canvas is a sleek, beautiful canvas, usually less expensive than Twillfast, but it does not have the dobby backing offered in Sonnenland and Twillfast (Sonnendeck). Stayfast is a popular upgrade to vinyl convertible tops, and as with any canvas, is richer looking and has a higher wear rating than convertible tops made of vinyl.
- Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is the most popular fabric. This vinyl design is original to most American cars from the fifties to the nineties. Pinpoint refers to the little dots or pips that you see if you look closely at the vinyl surface. European cars, such as the old Beetles and others also used pinpoint vinyl as the topping fabric.
- Chrysler Sailcloth is featured on many late LeBarons, Sebrings, certain Mustangs and other cars. It is structurally (wear quality) equivalent to the Haartz Pinpoint but has a different surface grain. The grain was designed to imitate the look of canvas. As you can see from the scan of this fabric, it is an exceptionally rich looking material. It is sometimes chosen for replacing convertible tops that originally featured pinpoint vinyl.
- Cabrio Grain is also structurally equivalent to the pinpoint. It has a pigskin outer grain vinyl as original to Volkswagen Cabriolets from 1984 onward and to Mazda Miatas and Mercury Capris.
- A5S German Canvas (Robbins) The 100% Acrylic Twill Weave Surface Cloth receives a special flame singing treatment to remove the fabric knap; and is laminated to Black 100% Polyester Dobby backing.
This is the original topping for Porsche Boxster and Cabrio convertible tops. 59 inches (150 cm) wide, made in Germany.
- British Bison Vinyl is the most popular British roadster convertible top material. It is American made Haartz leather grain vinyl and is an imitation of the British Everflex vinyl top fabric. The British Bison Vinyl convertible top fabric is often referred to as 'crush grain.'
- British Everflex Vinyl We are now pleased to offer British Everflex Vinyl for classic English tops. This is the original material used on British convertibles including Jaguar, Rolls Royce and many others. Imported from England, British Everflex vinyl is a supple vinyl with a rich appearance and is more durable than other vinyls. A good, less expensive alternative is Colonial grain vinyl. Colonial has the same texture but is less durable.
- HV Denim (also called Twill Weave Vinyl) is heavy duty sport material composed of a distinctive twill grain PVC outer layer and a polyester/cotton blend inside lining fabric.
- Trilogy Acoustic Vinyl A heavyweight vinyl that is often used on SUVs like Jeep, because the two-ply composite has the capacity to reduce noise by about 20 percent compared to standard vinyls like Sailcloth. The vinyl material is durable, promises long-lasting wear-and-tear, and resembles the sleek twill cloth commonly found on luxury convertible cars.
- Haartz Twillfast RPC This American-made canvas has a twill weave pattern and resembles German-made Sonnenland canvas. It is a great all-purpose canvas and, according to Haartz, is used on 99 percent of convertibles. It is stronger and more durable than Stayfast Canvas and offers more sound protection. Haartz rates Twillfast RPC as a mid-level acoustic product, compared to the low-level sound reduction offered on other top materials like Stayfast
Parts in this category (Suzuki Vitara) fit cars for years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004.