Buick Electra 225, 1961-64
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Buick specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black and GM White
- Alternate Materials: Haartz stayfast canvas
- Package Specials: Get an Electra top and everything you need to install it--and save hundreds of dollars on labor costs. Our Best Buy convertible top packages include a new top, hold down cables, tack strips, convertible top pads, and a staples and glue kit with professional grade contact cement. We also include our Convertible Top Installation Guide, which will walk you through a do-it-yourself Electra top installation. We also offer the option of purchasing the Arrow ETFX 50 Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your Electra convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own Electra top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Installation: This is a classic two part top. You can read a thorough summary of the construction and installation of this top via the link at the bottom of this page. The full manual, together with notes taken during the removal of the old top will guide the handy installer through a complete restoration.
Confidence using an air driven staple gun and the use of contact cement to align fabric and frame sections is required. There is no sewing.
Both Parts Available Separately: If you wish to replace only the window section, or only the main top, the two parts are separately available. Order both the main top and the rear window section for a full replacement top. Or order one of our full restoration packages.
Hold Down Cables: A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the frame. New cables are recommended with each new top. (You can read about cables in the installation summary link.) Cables offered here feature the original factory configuration plates.
Tacking strips: Much of the installation involves tacking or stapling (there is no sewing involved.) Tacking into the bow over the windshield (header bow) and into the bow over the rear window (rear top bow) is done into special strips embedded in these frame bows. We offer new tack strips for the front and rear top bows. They should not be required until after at least two tops have been stapled to them. Rebuilding the rear base line tacking strips requires grafting sections of suitable dimension and we would cut and ship per your needs for that purpose.
Top pads: Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops but should be replaced if of suspect condition.
Top Boots: You have the option of using a top storage boot. Our boot fits, as original.
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both hydraulic cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both hydraulic cylinders will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Buick Electra 225) fit cars for years: 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.