Jeep Wrangler, 1988-95
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
Important InformationOriginal Factory Color(s): Black
Includes the soft fabric top, new framework, bows, hardware and all accessories necessary for a new top installation, or convert your Jeep from a hard top to a soft top. It comes with easy to follow instructions, tinted vinyl windows, convenient zippered storage pockets, soft top storage bag and an Off Road Organizer that is custom designed with Jeep owners in mind to hold your owners manual, tools, motor vehicle registration, repair records and other important papers.
+ Re-engineered bow system-easy to use and folds down when the top is not in use.
+ Uses factory mounting positions for an easy installation.
+ Zipper storage pockets located in each top front corner for extra storage of smaller items.
+ Windows zip out.
+ Includes window and soft top storage bags.
+ Rear tailgate bar that has a custom made tonneau for protecting valuables and sealing your top.
B.) The 1988-1995 JEEP Wrangler Replacement Soft Top:
+ Fade resistant marine grade, wick-stop thread-Seals the stitch to repel moisture, longer life without color fade.
+ Self correcting zippers on all door windows. Zippers runs smooter and last longer.
+ Rear windows zip out completely.
+ Door panels have a double adjusting system that ensures a snug, tight fit.
+ Includes fabric/glass only. Original equipment soft top hardware and door frames required for installation.
+ All soft top seams are sealed for a weather tight fit.
C.) 1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Replacement Door Skins
+ Replacement door skins make it easy to replace those worn Jeep Wrangler upper soft doors.
+ Upper door skins attach to frame with durable hook and loop fasteners.
+ Sold in pairs.
D.) 1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Replacement Soft Top Window Frame(code # 89999):
+ Window frames fit all factory half doors and skins.
+ Window door frames sold seperately.
1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Accessories:
1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Replacement Soft Top Hardware (code # 69999):
+ Replaces 1987-1995 equipment soft top hardware.
+ Includes all metal components, tailgate bar and adjustable spreader bars.
+ Includes upper door windshield inserts.
+ Powdercoat finish for long life.
1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Spreader Replacement Bar (code # 89998):
+ Spreader replacement bar replaces factory original soft top spreader bar. Sold as each.
1987-1995 JEEP Wrangler Adjustable Spreader Bar (code # 89999):
+ Completely adjustable-tighten or loosen soft-top as necessary or tighten worn or stretched soft top.
+ Easily install to factory Jeep soft top frame.
+ Sold in pairs.
Almost all manufacturers use Haartz fabrics. They may specify "heaviest weight" or "original replacement" in ways that seem reassuring. But they do not really tell the whole story. Please bear in mind that two things dominate, by far, the quality issue: (a) the manufacturing quality control in the factory that makes the top and (b) the care and thoroughness of the installation. There is a trade-off in weight: heavier is better for resisting tear through, but lighter is better for flexibility and abrasion from within that may arise from movement. Almost all our tops are a flexible medium density (36 oz.) fabric. Heavier is not better in most cases. Where it is, because of the top design, we will say so and the top will be made of the heavier vinyl.
- Sonnenland® is a German-made 3-ply topping made up of an acrylic twill-weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a polyester "dobby backing." The dobby backing is a knit-like weave original to many high-end foreign cars. Customers who value originality over cost often pay top dollar for Sonnenland, just to have that authentic "dobby backing," seen only when you look up at the roof of your convertible top from inside your car. Sonnenland canvas is a top-of-the-line material original to various Audi, BMW, and Jaguar convertibles, among others. Sonnenland Canvas can vary in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance, but all Sonnenland Canvas promises elegance and long-lasting durability.
- Twillfast®, also called Sonnendeck Canvas, is an American-made canvas - a cost-effective substitute for Sonnenland. Twillfast is usually a 3-ply topping (though some versions are 5-ply) with Polyester and/or Polyester/cotton backings. This material, original to certain Camaro, BMW, Mustang, and VW Beetle convertibles, among others, varies in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance. Twillfast Canvas is identical to Sonnenland Canvas - elegant and durable - only it's less expensive. This is a top-notch convertible top material, one we often recommend to savvy customers who like a good buy and a quality product.
- Stayfast Canvas is an elegant, durable canvas original to cars like the Mazda Miata and the Nissan 370Z. Stayfast is commonly used in replacement convertible tops. Stayfast canvas has an acrylic square weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a cotton backing. As with other canvases, the rubber core gives the fabric long-lasting durability. Stayfast canvas is a sleek, beautiful canvas, usually less expensive than Twillfast, but it does not have the dobby backing offered in Sonnenland and Twillfast (Sonnendeck). Stayfast is a popular upgrade to vinyl convertible tops, and as with any canvas, is richer looking and has a higher wear rating than convertible tops made of vinyl.
- Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is the most popular fabric. This vinyl design is original to most American cars from the fifties to the nineties. Pinpoint refers to the little dots or pips that you see if you look closely at the vinyl surface. European cars, such as the old Beetles and others also used pinpoint vinyl as the topping fabric.
- Chrysler Sailcloth is featured on many late LeBarons, Sebrings, certain Mustangs and other cars. It is structurally (wear quality) equivalent to the Haartz Pinpoint but has a different surface grain. The grain was designed to imitate the look of canvas. As you can see from the scan of this fabric, it is an exceptionally rich looking material. It is sometimes chosen for replacing convertible tops that originally featured pinpoint vinyl.
- Cabrio Grain is also structurally equivalent to the pinpoint. It has a pigskin outer grain vinyl as original to Volkswagen Cabriolets from 1984 onward and to Mazda Miatas and Mercury Capris.
- A5S German Canvas (Robbins) The 100% Acrylic Twill Weave Surface Cloth receives a special flame singing treatment to remove the fabric knap; and is laminated to Black 100% Polyester Dobby backing.
This is the original topping for Porsche Boxster and Cabrio convertible tops. 59 inches (150 cm) wide, made in Germany.
- British Bison Vinyl is the most popular British roadster convertible top material. It is American made Haartz leather grain vinyl and is an imitation of the British Everflex vinyl top fabric. The British Bison Vinyl convertible top fabric is often referred to as 'crush grain.'
- British Everflex Vinyl We are now pleased to offer British Everflex Vinyl for classic English tops. This is the original material used on British convertibles including Jaguar, Rolls Royce and many others. Imported from England, British Everflex vinyl is a supple vinyl with a rich appearance and is more durable than other vinyls. A good, less expensive alternative is Colonial grain vinyl. Colonial has the same texture but is less durable.
- HV Denim (also called Twill Weave Vinyl) is heavy duty sport material composed of a distinctive twill grain PVC outer layer and a polyester/cotton blend inside lining fabric.
- Trilogy Acoustic Vinyl A heavyweight vinyl that is often used on SUVs like Jeep, because the two-ply composite has the capacity to reduce noise by about 20 percent compared to standard vinyls like Sailcloth. The vinyl material is durable, promises long-lasting wear-and-tear, and resembles the sleek twill cloth commonly found on luxury convertible cars.
- Haartz Twillfast RPC This American-made canvas has a twill weave pattern and resembles German-made Sonnenland canvas. It is a great all-purpose canvas and, according to Haartz, is used on 99 percent of convertibles. It is stronger and more durable than Stayfast Canvas and offers more sound protection. Haartz rates Twillfast RPC as a mid-level acoustic product, compared to the low-level sound reduction offered on other top materials like Stayfast
Parts in this category (Jeep Wrangler) fit cars for years: 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 and 1995.