Plymouth Barracuda, 1967-69
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Plymouth specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and window section
- Original Factory Material: Crush Grain Vinyl
- Original Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black and GM White
- Alternate Materials: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl, Haartz Stayfast Canvas. Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl offers the same durability as Crush Grain Vinyl, but comes in more colors. Stayfast Canvas offers more durability, elegance, and also a variety of colors.
- Package Specials: Get a new top and everything you need to install it at a discounted price. Our Best Buy packages offer a Barracuda top, new cables, tack strips, top pads, staples and glue kit (including professional grade contact cement), and our own Convertible Top Installation Guide. We also offer the option of including the Arrow ETFX 50 Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 1/2" and 3/8" staples into modern convertible top tack strips. We highly recommend it if you're installing your own convertible top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Preview our Convertible Top Installation Guide
Our Plymouth Barracuda convertible tops are made from original dealer patterns.
Most original dealer tops were in pinpoint vinyl. Many of the Plymouth models did have crush grain vinyl as the original topping.
There is no physical difference between the crush grain and the pinpoint grain other than the surface textures. The crush has a leather like finish while the pinpoint has the classical tiny dots surface texture. You can view fabric scans opposite the tops listings.
The window may be glass or plastic. Both are offered.
This is a classic two part top. If you are comfortable with using an air driven staple gun and with aligning and gluing with contact cement then the installation should be within your capabilities. You can make an informed decision about self installation by reading the manual summary via the link at the bottom of this page.
Hold Down Cables:
A pair of cables, one on each side, thread through pocketed hems on the main top sides. The ends of the cables hold the top to the frame. New cables are recommended with each new top.
Much of the installation involves tacking or stapling (there is no sewing involved.) Tacking into the bow over the windshield (header bow) and into the bow over the rear window (rear top bow) is done into special strips embedded in these frame bows. We offer new tack strips for the front and rear top bows. They should not be required until after at least two tops have been stapled to them.
Top padding "builds out" the top. Pads can last through two tops but should be replaced if of suspect condition.
You have the option of using a top storage boot. Our boot fits, as original. Replacement boots are listed under "Accessories."
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both hydraulic cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both hydraulic cylinders will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Not all are repairable, but it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. The motor-pump would need to be sent to us for evaluation. Hoses come with all new fittings and are made specifically to fit your car.
Parts in this category (Plymouth Barracuda) fit cars for years: 1967, 1968 and 1969.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.