Toyota Celica (Asc), 1987-90
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Toyota specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Configuration: Two piece top, top section and plastic window section joined upon installation. This top is made with the rear bow extrusion, covered front strip and vinyl binding as original.
- Convertible top fabrics are mildew & mold resistant, and UV treated for color fastness. Plastic windows are DOT rated heavy 40-gauge thick vinyl.
- Original Factory Material: Haartz Stayfast Canvas and Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl in black
- Shop with confidence: The factory warranty is 6 years.
- Installation. Professional installation is suggested. A handy and meticulous person may consider DIY installation using our installation manual (offered free with top or within Package Specials) There is no sewing involved. To locate a professional installer please enter "convertible car top installers near me" in your browser search bar. Google will list nearby shops.
- Hydraulic Components: Hydraulic cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all available and in stock.
Important InformationOriginal Factory Color(s): Black and Blue
Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl: Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is a two-ply composite with a PVC outer layer and a cotton inner lining. Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is a popular Celica convertible top fabric. Pinpoint refers to the little dots on the vinyl surface. If you take care of a Haartz pinpoint vinyl convertible top, it can easily last 10 years.
Haartz Stayfast Canvas: If you're looking to upgrade your vinyl top, consider a convertible top made of Haartz Stayfast Canvas. This luxurious fabric was original to the Toyota Celica convertible. This fabric is the American substitute for the German canvases used in Mercedes, Porsche, and BMW. Haartz Stayfast Canvas is a three-ply composite material made of an acrylic square weave outer fabric, a butyl rubber core, and a cotton lining. The butyl rubber core promises to make Haartz Stayfast Canvas last a very long time. This canvas is a little richer looking than the vinyl. It's also a little harder to clean. Stayfast Canvas has both better static and dynamic wear ratings than vinyl tops, and so it costs more. Stayfast canvas is a great choice for a Celica soft top. Want to shop for Celica tops? Click here.
If you can use an air-driven staple gun and are patient and methodical, you are very likely to be able to install the Toyota Celica convertible top. Installing your own Celica soft top can save you hundreds of dollars in restoration labor costs!
To help you install your own Celica convertible top, we offer a profusely illustrated Toyota Celica convertible top manual. This covers, in detail, all the steps for do-it-yourself convertible top installation. You may purchase the manual to review it before purchasing a convertible top package. (We would then pro-rate future purchase of the convertible top when it is ordered.)
In most cases, our convertible top packages include everything you need to install your own Toyota Celica convertible top. (Convertible top frame seals must be ordered separately if required.) For the best deals, check out our Toyota Celica Best Buy convertible top packages, which include the Celica convertible top parts needed for do-it-yourself installation.
There is no sewing involved in installing a two-part convertible top, but you will have to be comfortable with a staple gun, manipulating convertible-top fabric, and applying contact cement. Our convertible-top packages include stainless-steel staples and the very best grade of contact cement with brush. Want to see our selection of Celica convertible top packages? Click here.
Almost all manufacturers use Haartz fabrics. They may specify "heaviest weight" or "original replacement" in ways that seem reassuring. But they do not really tell the whole story. Please bear in mind that two things dominate, by far, the quality issue: (a) the manufacturing quality control in the factory that makes the top and (b) the care and thoroughness of the installation. There is a trade-off in weight: heavier is better for resisting tear through, but lighter is better for flexibility and abrasion from within that may arise from movement. Almost all our tops are a flexible medium density (36 oz.) fabric. Heavier is not better in most cases. Where it is, because of the top design, we will say so and the top will be made of the heavier vinyl.
- A5S German Canvas (Robbins) The 100% Acrylic Twill Weave Surface Cloth receives a special flame singing treatment to remove the fabric knap; and is laminated to Black 100% Polyester Dobby backing.
This is the original topping for Porsche Boxster and Cabrio convertible tops. 59 inches (150 cm) wide, made in Germany.
Parts in this category (Toyota Celica (Asc)) fit cars for years: 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990.