Suzuki Sidekick & Vitara, 1995-98
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: This area is dominated by Chinese imports which we do not sell. We carry only Robbins Tops replacements which are accurate dealer replacements with original type snaps, reinforcements, coil zippers, removable windows, etc. like the factory tops.
- Original Factory Material: Crush grain vinyl
- Original Colors: Black and White
- About Our Suzuki Tops: Original-style pocket with durable snaps at front, die cut plastic reinforcements, rear window separating coil zipper (unzips left to right), and removable dual quarter windows on each side. Replacement rear and side windows are available.
- USA and Europe Models: The Vitara is the European Suzuki. It is very similar to the USA Sidekick but takes a slightly different window. Our tops will fit both the Sidekick (USA) and Vitara (Europe.) However, if ordering a window only then observe the descriptions and order the Sidekick USA replacement window or the Vitara Europe replacement window.
- All seams are doubly electronically welded and sewn for added reinforcement. Convertible top fabrics are mildew & mold resistant, and UV treated for color fastness. Plastic windows are DOT rated heavy 40 gauge thick vinyl.
- Shop with confidence: 6 year manufacturer warranty. Made by Robbins Auto Top.
Important InformationOriginal Factory Color(s): Black and White
Original Tops Replacements:The tops on this page are not "stretch and fit" aftermarket modified tops. They are made to replace the originals and attach as originally designed with snaps. You will transfer the steel stiffener bar from the old top to the new one (at the base of the window.)
Windows:For these years, as originally designed, the side windows and the rear window do zip out. If you do not specify otherwise in the checkout message box, we will ship your top with clear windows. You may specify, if you wish, smoke, green or charcoal windows.
Installation: This top installs fairly easily and the steps are covered in the owner's manual. We printed these out, so if you are missing your manual, just ask for the instructions: free with a top.
Material: The original fabric was denim vinyl. We also offer these tops in a 4 ply black or white crush grain vinyl.
4 Ply Tops: These tops are made with a vinyl outer and cloth inner layer, bonded with a central layer. For somewhat greater longevity for off road users, you may select a 4 ply (extra central layer) top. The white tops are all made only in white over white 4-ply.
Tire covers: We have replacement tire covers in matching crush grain vinyl topping fabric. If you order a tire cover please specify the size of your tire (for example: 255/75R-15) and whether you wish black or white crush grain vinyl. You will have an ample checkout message box. Tires are listed with "accessories" above.
I love my top for the Tracker. It made my car look like new. I am a 70 year old female and installed it by myself with no problems. It went on smooth and easy. The instructions were so great that I actually figured out how to remove the entire back window that I had been unzipping and tucking in due to not know how to completely remove. Thanks for a great product.....J.F., Rahway, NJ
Almost all manufacturers use Haartz fabrics. They may specify "heaviest weight" or "original replacement" in ways that seem reassuring. But they do not really tell the whole story. Please bear in mind that two things dominate, by far, the quality issue: (a) the manufacturing quality control in the factory that makes the top and (b) the care and thoroughness of the installation. There is a trade-off in weight: heavier is better for resisting tear through, but lighter is better for flexibility and abrasion from within that may arise from movement. Almost all our tops are a flexible medium density (36 oz.) fabric. Heavier is not better in most cases. Where it is, because of the top design, we will say so and the top will be made of the heavier vinyl.
- Sonnenland® is a German-made 3-ply topping made up of an acrylic twill-weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a polyester "dobby backing." The dobby backing is a knit-like weave original to many high-end foreign cars. Customers who value originality over cost often pay top dollar for Sonnenland, just to have that authentic "dobby backing," seen only when you look up at the roof of your convertible top from inside your car. Sonnenland canvas is a top-of-the-line material original to various Audi, BMW, and Jaguar convertibles, among others. Sonnenland Canvas can vary in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance, but all Sonnenland Canvas promises elegance and long-lasting durability.
- Twillfast®, also called Sonnendeck Canvas, is an American-made canvas - a cost-effective substitute for Sonnenland. Twillfast is usually a 3-ply topping (though some versions are 5-ply) with Polyester and/or Polyester/cotton backings. This material, original to certain Camaro, BMW, Mustang, and VW Beetle convertibles, among others, varies in terms of surface weave and/or weight for acoustic performance. Twillfast Canvas is identical to Sonnenland Canvas - elegant and durable - only it's less expensive. This is a top-notch convertible top material, one we often recommend to savvy customers who like a good buy and a quality product.
- Stayfast Canvas is an elegant, durable canvas original to cars like the Mazda Miata and the Nissan 370Z. Stayfast is commonly used in replacement convertible tops. Stayfast canvas has an acrylic square weave facing, a rubber inner-layer, and a cotton backing. As with other canvases, the rubber core gives the fabric long-lasting durability. Stayfast canvas is a sleek, beautiful canvas, usually less expensive than Twillfast, but it does not have the dobby backing offered in Sonnenland and Twillfast (Sonnendeck). Stayfast is a popular upgrade to vinyl convertible tops, and as with any canvas, is richer looking and has a higher wear rating than convertible tops made of vinyl.
- Haartz Pinpoint Vinyl is the most popular fabric. This vinyl design is original to most American cars from the fifties to the nineties. Pinpoint refers to the little dots or pips that you see if you look closely at the vinyl surface. European cars, such as the old Beetles and others also used pinpoint vinyl as the topping fabric.
- Chrysler Sailcloth is featured on many late LeBarons, Sebrings, certain Mustangs and other cars. It is structurally (wear quality) equivalent to the Haartz Pinpoint but has a different surface grain. The grain was designed to imitate the look of canvas. As you can see from the scan of this fabric, it is an exceptionally rich looking material. It is sometimes chosen for replacing convertible tops that originally featured pinpoint vinyl.
- Cabrio Grain is also structurally equivalent to the pinpoint. It has a pigskin outer grain vinyl as original to Volkswagen Cabriolets from 1984 onward and to Mazda Miatas and Mercury Capris.
- A5S German Canvas (Robbins) The 100% Acrylic Twill Weave Surface Cloth receives a special flame singing treatment to remove the fabric knap; and is laminated to Black 100% Polyester Dobby backing.
This is the original topping for Porsche Boxster and Cabrio convertible tops. 59 inches (150 cm) wide, made in Germany.
- British Bison Vinyl is the most popular British roadster convertible top material. It is American made Haartz leather grain vinyl and is an imitation of the British Everflex vinyl top fabric. The British Bison Vinyl convertible top fabric is often referred to as 'crush grain.'
- British Everflex Vinyl We are now pleased to offer British Everflex Vinyl for classic English tops. This is the original material used on British convertibles including Jaguar, Rolls Royce and many others. Imported from England, British Everflex vinyl is a supple vinyl with a rich appearance and is more durable than other vinyls. A good, less expensive alternative is Colonial grain vinyl. Colonial has the same texture but is less durable.
- HV Denim (also called Twill Weave Vinyl) is heavy duty sport material composed of a distinctive twill grain PVC outer layer and a polyester/cotton blend inside lining fabric.
- Trilogy Acoustic Vinyl A heavyweight vinyl that is often used on SUVs like Jeep, because the two-ply composite has the capacity to reduce noise by about 20 percent compared to standard vinyls like Sailcloth. The vinyl material is durable, promises long-lasting wear-and-tear, and resembles the sleek twill cloth commonly found on luxury convertible cars.
- Haartz Twillfast RPC This American-made canvas has a twill weave pattern and resembles German-made Sonnenland canvas. It is a great all-purpose canvas and, according to Haartz, is used on 99 percent of convertibles. It is stronger and more durable than Stayfast Canvas and offers more sound protection. Haartz rates Twillfast RPC as a mid-level acoustic product, compared to the low-level sound reduction offered on other top materials like Stayfast
Parts in this category (Suzuki Sidekick & Vitara) fit cars for years: 1995, 1996, 1997 and 1998.