Chrysler Sebring, 1996-06
Convertible Top and Convertible Top Parts
- Quality: Made to Chrysler specs, 100% fit guarantee.
- Original Factory Material: Chrysler Sailcloth Vinyl and Sonnendeck (Twillfast) Canvas.
- Original Window: Glass window with defroster
- Alternate Window: Plastic window.
- Original Colors: Black, Camel, 1146 White Vinyl. Black and Camel Tan Canvas.
- Sebring Package Specials: Get a Sebring top and everything you need to install it at a discounted price! Our Best Buy packages include a Sebring top in the fabric of your choice, plus new hold down cables, a staples and glue kit, front and rear tack strips, and our own Convertible Top Installation Guide. We also offer the option of including the Arrow T50ACD Electric Stapler with Staples, which is ideal for driving 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" staples into modern convertible top tack strips, eliminating the need for an air gun during your convertible top installation. We highly recommend it if you're installing your Sebring convertible top.
- Shop with confidence: 5 year manufacturer warranty.
- Hydraulic System: Hydraulic Cylinders, motor pumps and hose sets all in stock and available.
- New: 96-06 Sebring convertible top installation DVD, save $7.50 when purchased with a package special.
There were two fabrics used in original dealer Sebring tops: Chrysler Sailcloth vinyl and Sonnendeck canvas (also called Twillfast canvas.)
Original Sailcloth vinyl colors are black, white, camel and sandlewood. Original Twillfast colors are black, camel, beigs and sandlewood.
Two Part Top Design:
This top was originally designed to install in two mating sections: the main top and the rear window section. They integrate during the installation process. You can read about this in our two part top installation manual summary. It is at the blue link below.
If you need only one of the two parts they may be ordered separately. Either section can be installed with the other section retained from the original top. For example you can replace the rear window under the existing main top.
For a complete top replacement please order both the main top and the rear window section, or order one of our complete top restoration packages.
The headliner is the interior roof covering. It is a part that is separate from the convertible top. Headliners are listed under "Accessories."
If your headliner is in good condition it may be retained under the new top.
Hold Down Cables:
Hold down cables should be replaced with each new main top. Cables thread through pockets built into the top's sides. They attach the top to the frame at the front and the rear along the sides.
Chrysler employed special pads under these tops. Installers often employ plain webbing without the special Sebring reinforcements. Please select Sebring top pads. Your pads may be re-usable under a new top. This can only be determined by examining the pads during the top removal process.
The front of the top staples or tacks to the bow over the windshield via an embedded tacking strip. Usually a tacking strip will last through two tops.
There is also a rear baseline tacking strip set. If repair to this strip is necessary please contact us.
Many of our customers are installing this top themselves. You can make the decision by reading the outline link below. A step by step Sebring top install manual is available for those ordering a package or a main top or rear window section.
Installation involves stapling or tacking and the use of contact cement to attach fabric to frame. Standard tools are required but access to an air driven staple gun makes the work go faster. There is no sewing.
We now stock hydraulic cylinders, motor-pumps, and hoses for your convertible tops. All are made to OEM specifications. Each can be ordered separately; however, when ordering hydraulic cylinders we recommend replacing both. The chances are that both cylinders were manufactured at the same time: if one is on its way out the other may follow. If the top is raised and one hydraulic cylinder is working harder than the other the result over time can lead to a slightly bent convertible top frame. The replacement of both will ensure that the top raises and lowers symmetrically.
Systems for this car take hydraulic or automatic transmission fluid (ATF) and have a 5 year warranty when used with this fluid. Brake fluid should not be used as it voids the warranty. We also offer an installation manual when ordered.
The 12 volt motor-pumps include a mounting bracket with rubber grommets to reduce vibration.
We also offer a rebuilding service for motor-pumps. Most are repairable and it is less expensive to have one rebuilt than to buy a new one. Your motor-pump should be wrapped well to prevent leakage. We will ship back a fully refurbished motor.
Parts in this category (Chrysler Sebring) fit cars for years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006.
We a now pleased to offer hydraulic cylinders, hydraulic motor pumps, and hydraulic hose sets for many different convertibles, they will be listed on your cars page if available. Also, checkout our newly added roof rail weatherstripping seals, front header weatherstripping seals, door weatherstripping seals, trunk weatherstripping seals. Look for extra savings on weatherstripping seals kits.
We are continuing to grow our convertible related products: These include convertible top latches, tonneau covers, relays, switches, rear tacking rails (trimsticks), seat covers, car covers, and carpeting.
Copyright © 2015 M&T Manufacturing, 30 Hopkins Lane, South Kingstown, RI 02879